It's official: PBH is well over 1000 posts! And to celebrate, here is the Top 10 PBH Posts for all you Prose Before Hos newcomers and veterans alike (click here for the top 10 of the first 400 posts).
1. The definitive and most popular PBH entry to this day -- Hurry up and Kill Yourself For 10 Emo Points -- Anonymous Banker examines an amazing local news report on the problem of 'emo' (short for emotions, the investigative report tells us), concluding with the use of a sarcastic, humorous online quiz about how emo you are with a point system based on self-mutilation and how many sweaters one owns.
2. A few days after the Virginia Tech shootings, it became clear that the media was going to make a cult celebrity out of the shooter, rather than focus on the victims or other significant events in the world. The two posts that came of this -- 33 Dead Americans is a Tragedy, 33 Dead Iraqi's is a Statistic, and 1 Crazy Gunman is a Tragedy, 200 Dead Iraqi's is a Statistic -- were followed enough to spawn a Facebook group.
3. Ever hated Americans, even if you are one? Then you've come to the right place. Even though these posts haven't become the most popular, they're a personal favorite of mine. Check out Thoughts of the Average American, Part 1 and Part 2, followed by Soliloquy from Anonymous Middle American.
4. The infamous Travel to the Land of Sheep, which landed us on local radio for an expose in Part one on a Christian rap remix of Baby Got Back (cleverly entitled Baby got Bible). Parts two and three and worthwhile but not nearly as wonderful as Part 1.
5. Continuing on the theme of those cwazy Christians, Peanut Butter, The Atheists Nightmare, is a video produced that thought to dispel Evolution. How, you may ask? Well, by showing that since peanut butter doesn't evolve, evolution doesn't exist! I mean, how stupid can you be not to see that?
6. Of course, talking about Christians without talking about their shepherds wouldn't be fun. Enter Rush Limbaugh, the perpetual foot in mouth fatso who somehow outlived Imus on the airwaves. In Rush the Magic Racist, the unending chronicles of Rush's perpetual racism are exhibited, including his latest 'gaffe', a song called 'Obama the Magic Negro'.
7. Loose Post 911 Lips: Donald Rumsfeld says in discussing 9/11 that the plane was 'shot down' in Pennsylvania. Oops.
8. What is PBH and the consequential mandatory argument with anonymous internet liberal vampires. For years, people have wondered, what is PBH, and why is it so god damn great? But still others wonder, why do you hate women? Well, we don't necessarily HATE women, we just find it amusing when they get hit in the butt with newspapers by superhero's. Read Kit's and Alec's interpretation of PBH, and read the insuing BLOG MELEE.
9. One of the better serious writings on PBH since the 400 post mark, Filling the Void: Saudi Diplomacy in a Realigned Middle East evaluates the new role of Saudi Arabia in the wake of the Mecca agreements, increased Sunni/Shiite violence in Iraq, and the rise of Iran as a regional power.
10. My definitive prank in high school: I tore down a Valentine's Day poster in front of a lunch room of 1000 plus and was lucky enough to capture it on video.